Treatment for anxiety, clinical depression, bipolar disorder, personality disorders, schizophrenia, and other mental health disorders is complex. Individuals with mental health disorders have highly personalized needs based on their unique makeup and circumstances. To stabilize, recover, and thrive, these individuals need consistent, sustained support from compassionate, highly-trained mental health professionals like those at Rose Hill Center’s residential rehabilitation program.
With 30 years of experience, we believe in the proven effectiveness of residential treatment for adults with mental health disorders. We offer multiple stages of mental health treatment focused on overcoming illness and managing mental health for the long term. Reach out today by calling 866.367.0220 to discover treatment options for yourself or a loved one.
Benefits of a Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility for Adults
Residential treatment facilities may differ in style and accommodations, specialize in different mental health disorders, or provide various levels of services. However, all effective psychiatric residential treatment facilities share core characteristics that promote improved and sustained mental health. These characteristics include:
- Respect for the individual – Residents are seen as individuals with unique strengths and weaknesses and accepted and appreciated for who they are. Their diagnoses do not define them.
- Individualized treatment goals – Treatment focuses on each resident’s unique physical, social, and mental health needs rather than a cookie-cutter approach.
- Supportive structure and routines – Consistent support is critical to recovery. Residents work with caregivers to establish healthy, stabilizing daily routines.
- Community contribution – Community involvement fosters the development of self-esteem and social, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Personal accountability – As members of a residential community, residents learn to be accountable for their behavior and its impacts on others while also learning to respect the needs of others.
- Peer support – Residential treatment allows people to live and grow with others who share similar challenges and experiences and build supportive relationships that continue beyond the treatment setting.
- Higher quality of life – Residents participate in meaningful activities, develop meaningful relationships, and acquire new life skills that enhance their quality of life in treatment and beyond.
As one of the most well-regarded residential psychiatric facilities in Michigan and across the nation, we at Rose Hill Center hold ourselves to the highest standards to ensure that our residents receive exceptional care tailored to their needs and goals for recovery.
Residential Psychiatric Facilities in Michigan Are a Better Option Than Hospitalization
For many, the alternative to care in a psychiatric residential treatment facility is hospitalization. In certain situations, hospitalization can be necessary to safely manage a mental health crisis, mainly where self-harm or risk to others is an immediate risk. However, institutionalized hospitalization may be ineffective for long-term care and successful recovery.
Among the reasons that hospitalization falls short regarding long-term recovery are the following:
- Lack of personalized care – Hospitals are overrun and short-staffed. The individual needs of mental health patients are not considered in their treatment. Hospitals primarily focus on diagnoses and utilize a one-size-fits-all approach to mental health treatment.
- Lack of structure – With ever-changing staff, mental health patients do not receive the consistent care required to help them recover.
- Social isolation – Within the hospital, patients are often in secluded rooms. Upon discharge, they return to isolating lifestyles at home or within the community.
- Lack of accessible outpatient services – Upon discharge, many people lack the means or self-motivation to follow through with outpatient services. Many communities have few to no services available, especially in rural communities.
- Family stress – Without consistent, supportive care, the burden falls upon family members, exacerbating existing problems and creating new ones.
- Ongoing deterioration – Without consistent care, symptoms worsen, perpetuating the cycle of worsening symptoms and frequent hospitalizations.
Highly rated psychiatric residential treatment facilities like Rose Hill Center in Michigan provide a means to break the unproductive cycle of frequent mental health hospitalizations.
Call Rose Hill Center to Learn More
For many families, the responsibilities of caring for a loved one with a mental health disorder become overwhelming. Additionally, there is a lack of adequate outpatient treatment options. Whether you need mental health treatment for a loved one or yourself, Rose Hill Center is here to help. Contact us at 866.367.0220 today to discover the many benefits of residential psychiatric treatment.