When you are considering your New Year’s goals, think about your mental health. Many times, people over-promise and put themselves in situations where the resolutions they make are not ideal for their overall mental health. Instead, make mental health resolutions. At Rose Hill Center, we offer a few mental health tips to get you started. For more information, reach out to our treatment center today at 866.367.0220.
Mental Health Resolutions You Should Be Making
Instead of making New Year’s goals related to other things, focus on a few simple and effective mental health resolutions this year. Use these mental health tips as a jumping-off point for creating your own personalized resolutions.
- Resolve to get help for mental health disorders when you need it.
- Make the decision to be physically active each day in some way, as this can directly impact your overall mental health.
- Resolve to find a way to relieve stress each day, which often includes finding ways to have fun or release frustrations.
- Make the decision to be mindful in the moment, which means focusing on what’s happening right now rather than the past or the future.
- Learn to communicate. Resolve to open up when something is bothering you and express your thoughts and emotions, even if it is just your therapist.
- Resolve not to be too hard on yourself. Things go wrong, and problems happen, but that is not something to dwell on or hold against yourself long term.
- Strive to be the person you want to be and the person you know you can be, even if no one else agrees with you.
When it comes to New Year’s goals like these, it takes just some time and patience to make it happen. The key is to have the tools to succeed, which often comes from having a professional who can help you.
Mental Health Tips Work When They Are Realistic
When making mental health resolutions, make sure to choose attainable and specific goals that you know you can achieve. Don’t overpromise yourself or make goals that are so hard to achieve that you don’t have a chance to do so. When that happens, it becomes nearly impossible to think positively. Poor goal choices can hurt your mental health long term.
Work closely with your mental health therapist and team to make these goals. You don’t have to do it alone. The mental health tips your therapist can offer will give you the insight and support you need to improve your specific goals. You may need to focus on reducing worrying, for example, while another person needs to focus on managing negative thought patterns related to trauma. Specific, attainable goals that your therapist helps you set are often the best.
New Year’s Goals Start with Therapy
When it comes to mental health resolutions like these, they can be an excellent start. They do not, however, take the place of proper mental health support. Our team at Rose Hill Center can offer that to you. We provide a range of therapy options that can comprehensively change your future. Learn more about our services, such as:
- Residential rehabilitation services
- Co-occurring rehabilitation services
- Extended residential services
- Transitional living services
- Community support services
Find Treatment at Rose Hill Center
Before you make mental health resolutions for the coming year, reach out to Rose Hill Center. Our dedicated team of professionals can provide you with exceptional support. Mental health tips like these are just the start of the improvements you can see. Please make one of your New Year’s goals to contact our team for help. Call 866.367.0220 or reach out to us online.