A solid support network is a cornerstone of good mental health for everyone but is particularly vital for individuals with mental health disorders. Loneliness and isolation are factors that significantly contribute to the impacts of mental health symptoms. These symptoms occur on a spectrum from mild to severe, and individuals who lack a healthy, reliable support system experience more severe symptoms that require more intensive interventions.
Rose Hill Center is nationally recognized as a residential mental health treatment leader. We know that effective mental health treatment relies on a full continuum of care that follows our residents from intake through aftercare planning. As such, we provide community support services in Holly, Michigan, to help individuals receive the ongoing care necessary for success following residential treatment. Contact our team at 866.367.0220 to learn more.
What Are Community Support Services?
Community support services are essential to an effective long-term treatment plan to manage mental health needs. Often when an individual leaves a residential or transitional living program, they and their family members need ongoing support to continue to reap treatment benefits.
It’s critical for individuals with mental health issues and their friends and family to understand that symptoms of mental health disorders occur on a spectrum from mild to severe. Often, these symptoms can come and go based on environmental factors, life circumstances, and treatment adherence, including medication and therapy.
Our community support services program is flexible and customizable to ensure your needs are met at all phases of your recovery. We know you might need multiple supports immediately upon returning home and require less as time goes on. Your case manager will help navigate this with you. Our community support services might include:
- Creating, maintaining, and updating treatment plans
- Support, counseling, and advice
- Connections with resources in your home community
- Medication education and supervision
- Appointments with a psychiatrist or case manager
- 24-hour mental health support
- Education about your mental health
Through our community support services program, individuals and families can arrange for in-home visits, offering treatment in a familiar, comfortable environment while allowing our treatment providers to ensure that progress is happening.
5 Key Benefits of Community Support Services
Humans are social beings who rely on others in various ways to thrive and be our best selves. We are not meant to live in isolation. Living in isolation has been scientifically proven to contribute to poor mental health, including anxiety, depression, and substance use disorders, and worsen the symptoms of severe mental health conditions like bipolar disorder, PTSD, schizoaffective disorder, and others.
Community support services provide essential benefits that enhance the lives of individuals living with mental health disorders. Five key benefits are:
- Connections – Isolation is one of the biggest contributors to adverse mental health symptoms
- Expression of feelings – Being able to express feelings to a group of people who can relate to them is essential to healing and continual growth
- Access to care – Consistent access to care can prevent minor problems from triggering a significant relapse
- Skill development – A support network reinforces daily self-care, communication, and life skills that foster continued growth
- Providing purpose – Being part of a community offers a sense of purpose that influences behavior, helps determine goals, and gives individuals a sense of direction
Having a sense of purpose and belonging and feeling safe, secure, and supported are basic human needs that propel people to live their best lives. For individuals struggling with mental health disorders, community support services establish a baseline for these essential needs.
Contact Rose Hill Center for Community Support Services
Whichever stage of mental health treatment you need for yourself or a loved one, the highly trained team of professionals at Rose Hill Center in Holly, Michigan, is dedicated to working with you. In addition to community support services, our programs include:
- Residential rehabilitation services
- Co-occurring rehabilitation services
- Transitional living services
- Extended residential services